In Gett all our CI/CD process is based on Jenkins, and our DevOps are comfortable with that.
But lately our developers began using TravisCI. So we needed a solution to make both of them friends.
- Precondition : the GitHub user should have admin permissions
- In Travis :
Config Travis to work with the desired repository
- Log in into travis with your git user
- Click on the settings icon
- Turn on build pushes / build pull request in General Settings
- In Git :
Configure the webhook to trigger Jenkins by status ( and not by pull request etc’ )
- Enter into the desired Repository in Git
- Enter into settings Tab
- In Jenkins:
Configure the build triggers
Note : don’t forget to check the GitHub hooks for build triggering!
That’s how our Jenkins became aware of TravisCI jobs.
Now you’re good to go.